Specialty multi-coloured ribbons available in a number of colourways including polka dot, tie dye, speckled and ombre!
Length: Approx. 115ft (35m), 100g
Width: Approx. 1 inch
Needle size: 11+
Solid coloured sari silk ribbons (39 colours!) are also available here.
This ribbon can be used for a number of different projects - macrame, weaving, macraweaving, knitting, crochet, jewellery, gift wrapping, floral arrangements and more!
The ribbon is made out of scraps which are hand painted and sewn together by women in India to create this ribbon. The ribbon is intended to have raw edges and intended to be non uniform in its colouring - this adds to the uniqueness of this product.
1) These ribbons have been torn/cut to size and edges may shed.
2) Ribbons are dyed in batches. As such there may be slight colour variations between batches.
3) Skeins are measured by weight not length.
4) Colours may appear slightly different when viewing on a computer or phone screen. I’ve done my best to show the true colour in each photo.
5) This listing is for one skein.
Sari Silk Ribbon vs. Chiffon Ribbon
We sell both sari silk and chiffon ribbon in a number of colours as well as undyed sari silk ribbon.
Sari Silk ribbon is made of recycled, shiny opaque fabric whereas chiffon ribbon is made of a lighter weight, semi sheer fabric.
New to fibre art? My book Mixed Fiber Macrame will teach you both beginner and advanced macrame/weaving knots and techniques. Click here for more information.
I also upload weekly macrame tutorials to my YouTube Channel Lots of Knots Canada. Like my book, tutorials range from beginner to advanced so take a peek if you’re in need of some inspiration!