4mm and 5mm Recycled Natural Rope
Colour: Natural (off-white, ecru)
Oeko Tex Certified
Each spool contains:
4mm Rope - Approx. 500 ft (150 m), 1 kg
5mm Rope - Approx. 350-400 ft (205-120 m), 1 kg
Rope (vs. string) is great to work with if you are planning to create a project with a little more structure such as a macraweave or plant hanger! Rope can also be used to create wall hangings with wavy fringe (untwist the rope to create wavy fringe!)
String is best for other wall hangings, leaves/feathers (or other projects where you want to brush out the string), accessories, tassels and other projects. Shop natural string here.
1) This rope is made from strong but very thin individual strands of cotton which makes it super soft. This also makes it slightly thinner overall than our lines of premium and recycled cotton.
2) Some spools are very tightly wound. When working with the cord, it will expand 0.5-1mm in size.
3) Spools are dyed in batches. As such there may be slight colour variations between batches. Spools are measured by weight not length.
4) Colours may appear slightly different when viewing on a computer or phone screen. I’ve done my best to show the true colour in each photo.
5) This listing is for one spool. Select size/type before check out.
*Freight, fuel and cotton costs have risen so I have increased my prices slightly to account for this change. Thank you for your understanding!
New to fibre art? My book Mixed Fiber Macrame will teach you both beginner and advanced macrame/weaving knots and techniques. Click here for more information.
I also upload weekly macrame tutorials to my YouTube Channel Lots of Knots Canada. Like my book, tutorials range from beginner to advanced so take a peek if you’re in need of some inspiration!