3mm, 4mm, 5mm, 6mm, 8mm and 9mm Recycled Organic and Super Soft Natural String
Colour: Natural (ecru, undyed, off-white)
Oeko Tex Certified
Each spool contains:
3mm String - Approx. 1050 - 1100ft (330m), 1kg
4mm String - Approx. 900 - 950ft (290m), 1kg
5mm String - Approx. 700 - 720ft (220m), 1kg
6mm String - Approx. 525ft (160m), 1kg
8mm String - Approx. 400ft (120m), 1kg
9mm String - Approx. 275ft (85m), 1kg
*3mm-8mm String is from our super soft line where the 9mm String is made with organic cotton. The differences:
1) No dye is used to create the organic rope so it is a shade darker than the super soft natural rope.
2) Thinner strands of cotton are used to create the super soft rope, making it a bit softer to work with. Both are comfortable to work with but the super soft, as the name suggests, is extra soft.
Both made with recycled cotton. Please see the last photo for a colour comparison.
3mm/4mm string - best for small/medium wall hangings, accessories, plant hangers and other projects.
5mm/6mm string - best for medium/large wall hangings, plant hangers or other projects.
8mm/9mm string - best for larger chunkier wall hangings, tassels and to create thick fringe.
1) Some spools are very tightly wound. When working with the cord, it will expand 0.5-1mm in size.
2) Spools are dyed in batches. As such there may be slight colour variations between batches. Spools are measured by weight not length.
3) Colours may appear slightly different when viewing on a computer or phone screen. I’ve done my best to show the true colour in each photo.
*Freight, fuel and cotton costs have risen so I have increased my prices slightly to account for this change. Thank you for your understanding!
New to fibre art? My book Mixed Fiber Macrame will teach you both beginner and advanced macrame/weaving knots and techniques. Click here for more information.
I also upload weekly macrame tutorials to my YouTube Channel Lots of Knots Canada. Like my book, tutorials range from beginner to advanced so take a peek if you’re in need of some inspiration!